How to Send Fax from Gmail in Less Than a Minute
You can send fax from Gmail in a similar way you do a common email message, by using an online fax service.
This way of sending fax online has proven to be not only faster but also more cost-effective, that's why there are so many businesses making the jump to digital faxing. In this tutorial you'll learn how to fax online in just a few steps.
Before getting started, you'll need to create an account with an email to fax service because Gmail doesn't have built-in faxing capabilities. These third party services link your Gmail account to a virtual line that converts digital documents into analog fax signals, compatible with fax machines.
If you don't have a Gmail account yet, create one. As a matter, of fact it's a good idea to have one dedicated to fax, to avoid mixing communications. That's all you need, it's time to make magic happen...
How to Send fax Online from Gmail:
To send your first email to a fax machine follow these simple steps:
- Log into your Gmail account and create a new email message by clicking on COMPOSE, the button located in the upper left corner of your dashboard.
- Enter the 10-digit recipient’s fax machine number in the TO section, followed by "@" and the domain value specified by your current fax service. For instance, if you need to send a fax to the number 1-555-555-5555, you'll need to type:email@example.com
- Attach the file you want to send as a fax by clicking on the paperclip icon and selecting the file(s) on your computer. Learn more about what types of files you can fax.
- Type the cover page text message on the Subject field.The design of the cover page is configured on your online fax account.
- Double-check you have entered the right info and then press "Send" to start sending fax online.
Once your email has been delivered securely delivered to the fax machine, you will receive a confirmation message on your Gmail account, where you will find all the details of the transmission. A copy of your fax will also be saved on your online fax account, where it will be permanently stored.
The Gmail-to-fax number besides letting you send Internet fax will allow you to receive them automatically on your inbox, for more info, read our article on
receiving fax on your Gmail account
As you can see, it is extremely easy to send fax from Gmail and it has plenty of benefits and additional features such as fax scheduling, international faxing, broadcasting, mobile notifications, among others.
Fax is still widely used, but it makes sense to use modern technology which can save us time and money when sending documents.
Related: How to Get a Google Fax Number
We hope this Gmail-to-fax tutorial has been useful, don't forget you can send fax from email free with one of the alternatives laid out here!
If you want learn more about how to integrate fax via email with Google Mail and other services, please visit our homepage.